One of the things we often get asked when doing makeup is “What are some easy ways of getting colour into your makeup?”. Having done makeup for weddings and other special occasions for years, we’ve learnt a few things about adding colour to your makeup, and there are a few things you can do to add colour to your makeup without looking like a clown. Here are a few ideas. We’d love to know how you go with them, so please leave your comments and questions.
- Use a coloured lipstick or gloss: A bright coloured lipstick can add colour to any face, and as long as it suits your skin tone, it won’t necessarily make you look like a clown.
- Use blush: A lot of women skip blush, or go for a very neutral shade, because they are scared it will make their face stand out too much. Once again, if you choose a shade that works for your skin tone, it’s not necessarily going to make you look like a clown when its applied correctly.
- Use a coloured eye liner: Once again, choose one thats tailored to your eye colour, and will complement it, and it can actually look quite subtle, and make your eyes pop.
- Use a coloured eye shadow: Don’t be afraid of adding a pop of colour to your eye shadow. If you’re wearing a certain colour of clothing, you can easily add a pop of that colour to your eye shadow, without it seeming over the top.
- Use a coloured mascara: Add a pop of purple, blue or green mascara. I know this may seem a bit over the top, but by adding a layer of coloured mascara over your standard black mascara, you’ll easily be able to add a pop of colour.
Let us know what you think. We’d love to hear your thoughts and comments. As always, we do offer makeup lessons, so if you want to see any of these tricks in practice, please get in touch with us.