With the weather getting sunny again, we really need to take care of our skin again with some hot summer skincare. The sun not only can cause sun damage with the UV rays, it can also dry out our skin. Not only do you need something that will protect your skin from this, you also need a routine that will be practical for your lifestyle.
- The first step in your hot summer routine should be a good cleanser and toner. If you don’t have time or energy to always use a cleanser and separate toner, try keeping a tube of cleanser & toner in one in the shower.
- Follow this with a moisturiser with an SPF, and makeup (if you’re wearing it) with an SPF as well, and consider wearing a hat.
- A sunblock is the first step for all exposed areas of your body. A sunblock should be at least SPF30+ here in in Australia. In case you’re wondering, the main reason we only have 30+, and some other countries have much higher ratings is that we are only allowed to have labels to this level, and in actual fact, the product in the pack, is very similar, if not identical to the ones rated much higher overseas.
- The wind can also play havoc, so consider taking good care of your skin & popping on a good moisturiser afterwards as well.
- At night, if you’ve been out in the sun, and using sunblock and potentially sweating, always make sure you cleanse, tone and follow with a good quality night cream in the evening.