Top 5 tips for getting colour in your makeup
There are a few things we can all do when the weather is warm to help get that perfect summer skin, so we don’t have to wear too much makeup.
- Check out what’s already in your beauty cabinet. There’s no need to double up on products if you can use what you already have. Use multi-tasking products wherever possible, and ensure they are fitted to your skin type. Don’t forget to cleanse your makeup at the end of the day.
- Tight on time?. If you’re going to be lucky to get 15 minutes to yourself, get in a quick facial. If this is the case, use a multifunctional masque that will allow you to exfoliate and deep cleanse in one.
- On a tight budget? If so, consider spending a bit more money on treatment products such as masques and serums, and then perhaps if you need to save a bit on your cleanser. Masques and serums can also have high concentrations of active ingredients, and will be placed directly on clean skin, underneath your moisturiser, and so can really pack a punch.
- Products in a single range are designed to be used together, and will often give great results if used together in an at-home facial, so consider investing in multiple products from a single range.
- Consider consulting a professional to help you get your routine sorted, as a once off. If you’re confused, consult a beauty therapist. Even booking a facial, and then drilling the therapist with questions about products, and what suits your skin type can be worth the money if you can maintain and get greater results at home by consistently looking after your skin.